4 Alternative Ways to Make a Smoothie Without Blenders
See, you don’t have to skip your favorite fruit or green smoothie just because you can’t get your hands on a blender. Below are some efficient ways to make delicious fruits and vegetable smoothies without a countertop or a personal blender.
If you are going camping or traveling and cannot take whole fruits and a blender with you, you should consider purchasing fruit powder.
Since fruit powders are concentrated, you will only need a small amount of it to make a cup of delicious smoothie.
If you are new to fruit powders, a part of you may be wondering if they are nutritious and if they taste as good as freshly blended whole fruit. The truth is that fruit powders are rich in nutrients and taste amazing.
Unlike whole fruit and vegetables that may go bad within a few days if they aren’t refrigerated, fruit powder won’t deteriorate or spoil. So you have nothing to worry.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use fruit powder.
- Add fruit powder to your cup (2 tablespoons)
- Add a little orange, chocolate, or vanilla flavored juice and stir with a fork until you achieve a reasonably smooth result.
- Slowly add 1 cup of water to the mixture.
- Mix with a spoon until the smoothie is moderately smooth.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Mash soft fruit
This technique is perfect for people who love to use fresh fruits in their smoothies.
While this method is somewhat similar to using fruit powder, you need to keep in mind that it may take a little bit longer for you to achieve your desired result.
Here is how to make mash fruits smoothie.
- Wash the soft fruits you want to use for the smoothie (ripe mango, banana, and berries) and put them in a bowl.
- Carefully mash the fruits with a fork.
- Keep squashing until you achieve a mushy result.
- Add 1 cup of ice-cold vanilla or chocolate flavored juice and a small amount of water.
- Add your preferred milk (liquid almond milk or skim milk)
- Add yogurt or water to the mixture.
- Continue to mix with your fork until everything is all mashed up.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Manual blender smoothie
A manual blender is a cool gadget that can chop ingredients into tiny bits and carry out food processing tasks. With a good one, you will be able to follow your favorite smoothie recipes without a blender.
Unlike regular blenders that require electricity to make a smoothie, manual blenders can work without electricity. Since it doesn’t require electricity, you can take it with you when camping or traveling abroad.
Here is how to make smoothies with a manual blender.
- Choose a soft fruit to use for your smoothie (banana or berries)
- Chop the banana into sizable chunks with a knife and put it in the device
- Add I cup of ice-cold soy milk or juice (you can add water if you don’t have liquid milk or juice)
- Turn the handle of the device a few times.
- Serve cold. Enjoy!
Using a protein shaker
Making a simple smoothie with a protein shaker is super easy and only takes a few minutes. To get the best results, you will need Chia seeds.
Most people know that Chia seeds are loaded with protein, healthy fats, fiber, and other essential nutrients. What a lot of people don’t know is that Chia seeds can thicken up liquids. So if you add them to dairy milk, for example, it will have a smoothie texture after a couple of minutes.
Here is how to use a protein shaker and Chia seeds to make a mouthwatering smoothie without a blender.
- Clean your protein shaker jar
- Add 1 or 2 cups of liquid milk
- Add 1 mashed banana
- Add 2 tablespoons of Chia seed
- Add ½ cup of Greek yogurt
- Add chocolate
- Add 2 cups of fine blend fruit juice (orange juice)
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Add peanut butter and stir
- Add 2 ice cubes
- Cover the jar and shake vigorously until you achieve a smooth result
- Serve cold
Tips on Making Blenderless Smoothies
To make your favorite green or fruit smoothie without a blender, you are going to need all the help you can get. Below are some tips that can help you get excellent results if you want to make a smoothie without a blender.
Only use soft fruits to make your smoothies, as they are easy to mash and squash.
If you don’t want to chew your smoothie, don’t add vegetables and hard fruits like apples to the recipes.
The fruits you should use for your smoothie should be ripe and soft. Keep it at the back of your mind that the softer a fruit, the easier it will be for you to make a mouthwatering smoothie out of it.
Below are some soft fruits you can use.
- Blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
Something hard to mash
You will need something with a firm surface to crush and mash the soft fruits. Here are some things you can use for this.
- Potato masher
- Rolling spin
- Large spoon
Put the fruits in a bowl or a flat surface and use any of the above tools to mash them up. Keep mashing until all the fruits are evenly mashed. When you are done, put the mashed fruits in a large cup.
Milk, Yogurt, or Powder
To increase your smoothie’s nutritional value and make it tastier, you should add smoothie powder, juice, or yogurt to it.
Yogurt- Greek yogurt is somewhat better than regular yogurt, as it has more protein and nutrients.
Milk- Make your smoothie healthier by using unsweetened milk. Almond and soy milk are excellent options, as they are low in fat and cholesterol.
Juice- Add a cup of your favorite juice to your smoothie to make it taste even better.
Kitchen Tools that are a Good Replacement for Blender
Whether you are on a tight budget and can’t afford a blender or you have a faulty blender, you can make a cup of delicious healthy smoothies.
Below are some kitchen tools you can use to make a smoothie if you are without a blender.
Most people see a fork only as a tool we use to eat. Little do they know that it is also great for crushing and mashing fruits.
There is hardly a kitchen that doesn’t have a whisker.
Using a whisker to squash fruits is super easy. All you need to do is get a firm hold of the whisker’s handle and carefully plunge it into the bowl of soft fruits you want to mash.
Just like a fork, a spoon is great for mashing and crushing fruits. Make sure you use a spoon made from stainless steel and other solid materials.
Using a spatula to crush fruit is like a walk in the park. Hold the handle of the tool and plunge it into the fruits you want to blend.